Mitch Lang indulges the crew with sweet and sticky, tantalising pleasures. The Captain is most pleased.
You stood there looking down upon me
for so long
glistening and gleaming
embodying the essence of summer’s délice.
You weren’t wearing much
A little white label of hand-written modesty
enveloped and examined in my hands
stalling my advances to go further
willing to try again
I resorted to taking up arms
hitting you with a blunt object
while you stood defenseless and implacably proud.
I abandoned you there on high
in the corner of my mind
until suddenly you re-appeared
naturally and inevitably in your rightful place
summer savours unpotted and released
and I examined you yet again
more thoroughly this time.
We’ve met before, thought I
approaching, with a wary eye.
and for the second time I took up arms
to scoop you out
and lay you down
on new ground.
You trickled generously, abundant
longing for embrace
and when at last
I savoured you
simmered and poured each strand of your existence
as you glowed beneath a creamy pale
flirting with a stumbling chestnut
photo: the bod©John Heebink
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)